What questions do you have about this?
CIME 2013 Resources for Item Writers
- A livebinder with a collection of great resources (some of which are repeated):
- PARCC sample items
- Smarter Balance Sample Items
- New York City Common Core math task exemplars developed by “Common Core Fellows”
- New York State Common Core Sample Assessment Questions
- The Mathematics Assessment Project
- Illustrative Mathematics, 700+ tasks aligned to the CCSSM intended for a variety of purposes:
- The Shell Centre:
- East Side Community High School Math Portfolio
There is a clandestine implementation of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics in LAUSD. Everybody expects there to be a mastermind pulling the strings, but in the end, it is our collective effort and effective collaboration that will eventually result in changing the way we teach.
A large district like ours seems very much like a game of telephone, and the messages get morphed as they are passed from vessel to vessel. Luckily, we all have the freedom to access materials at their source. Unfortunately, many parties use this freedom as an opportunity to spread ideas/practices, and this creates the added job of data filtration and discovery.
For all skeptics of the Common Core, be mindful of the research and work that has been put toward these efforts. As for the image above, I emailed the Shell Center requesting the research paper it is in. I could not find it on their publications site.